What are they?
A filling replaces part of a tooth that has been lost because of decay or through accidental damage. This can be in the form of silver amalgam filling or composite white filling.
- Dental amalgam is a mixture of mercury, silver, tin and copper.
- Mercury as part of a compound in dental amalgam is not poisonous. This has been proven by 100 years of ongoing scientific research.
- Dental amalgam fillings are known to be strong and durable and last many years.
Composite tooth-coloured fillings
- Less drilling for a white, tooth coloured filling than for a silver filling.
- Come in different shades to match the teeth, are bonded into place, sealing the filling and helping to strengthen the remaining part of the tooth.
- Blend into natural tooth shade which is why white fillings look better than silver fillings.
- Advantage that they can be repaired, rather than replaced.
- The longevity of white fillings is greatly extended by good oral hygiene.
Call to book your appointment today : 020 8749 3371